413.429.6158 | email@example.com
FREELANCE WRITER & EDITORIAL CONSULTANT
Bossinger Creative Studio, Great Barrington, MA 2012 - Present
Birkenstock; MS International; Casabella Interiors; Chantelle Paris; Berkshire Edge
I’ve used my words and ideas to promote products and services in all types of industries — including interior design, education, e-commerce, fashion, beauty, health, real estate, and packaged goods. I’ve written taglines, video scripts, brochures, web content, catalog copy, ads, product packaging, email and social campaigns, advertorials, newsletters, product descriptions, SEO content, trade articles, press releases, and more. When the timing's right, I also write pieces for a local news outlet.
Amazon.com, Jersey City, NJ 2010-2012
EDITORIAL LEAD … for Soap.com, Beautybar.com, Wag.com and Casa.com - Instrumental in creating new editorial department: advocated for resources, workflow processes and structural change, defined goals while building and managing teams of internal and external writers. Oversaw development and production of all content.
· Practiced in Developing Voice for a Family of Brands – Collaborated with brand identity owners to create a unique voice and editorial guides for each site, ensuring editorial and marketing content was on-brand.
· Strategic Leader with Brand-Building Experience – Developed and maintained editorial direction, worked with merchandising and marketing departments to reach site goals. Partnered with national and international brands on the category level to ensure vendor and site objectives were met. Created and managed banner refresh and editorial calendars that leveraged relevant events, brand promotions, and associated content. Drove traffic to sites with SEO and social media initiatives. Edited all customer-facing copy from writing team with the goal of generating engagement, highlighting value props, and driving revenue.
· Collaborative Manager with Strong Relationship Skills – Represented the department at the executive level, participated in site development and large marketing campaigns. Supervised the development of projects from brainstorming concepts to final product. Collaborated with key stakeholders in marketing, merchandising, business development, and user experience to ensure editorial platform resonated with Quidsi customers.
Dr. Newton’s Naturals, Portland, ME 2009-2010
LEAD COPYWRITER … for In-House Advertising Agency – Sr. Copywriter for a national nutritional products company.
· Cross-Media Writer With Tactical and Conceptual Experience – Ability to align creative concepts with marketing strategies for brand specific creative including radio scripts, catalogs; product packaging; package inserts; advertorials; web content; public relations articles; brochures; newsletters; and email campaigns.
· On-Brand Customer-Centric Writer/Editor – Created copy from a customer experience perspective. Collaborated with the CRM team to ensure messaging was innovative and engaging. Developed content that maximized marketing message, inspiring and driving audience to the CTA. Ensured brand tone in all communication.
· Writer with Expertise in Highly Responsive Messaging Techniques –Thorough understanding of experience-based best practices and using ROI data to refine content and drive response rates. Skilled at writing a variety of tests including subject line, offer, and audience.
IN-HOUSE COPYWRITER/ ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Country Curtains, Stockbridge, MA 2004-2008
IN-HOUSE COPYWRITING … for Home Goods Mail Order/Retail Company – Held dual roles as in-house copywriter and account executive. Authored copy for catalogs, 27 stores, website, collateral, email campaigns, and annual reports. Managed catalog proofreading stages and negotiated vendor contract that saved $30,000 annually.
· Versatile Copywriter … Adept at Telling Brand’s Story Across Channels – Conceptual copywriter who can write for print and online channels; work on campaigns that often combine traditional media (direct mail, inserts, and print ads) with online elements. Highly skilled in producing multiple creative concepts within strategy and timing guidelines.
· Managed Production of Catalogs … Reaching 15 Million Households – Managed production of 4 catalogs (up to 76 pages per catalog) reaching 15 million households. Directed workflow processes for the printer, photographer, merchandising department, warehouse, quality control, and proofing team. Attended press-checks. Managed shipping of all catalogs to retail stores and distribution facilities.
· Coordinated & Setup Photo Shoots – Represented Advertising at photo shoot meetings with merchandising and CEO. Created photo shoot schedule for photographer and internal teams. Researched and procured location sites, served as photo shoot stylist, and staged products for layout. Interfaced extensively with Merchandising Dept. and CEO for catalog strategy and design.
Mark Stevens & Company, Purchase, NY 2002-2003
MANAGED CLIENTS & INTERNAL ACCOUNT TEAM … for Ad Agency – Grew business by creating comprehensive, integrated marketing plans and strategies. Responsible for copywriting (web and print), brainstorming concepts, consulting on all direct marketing campaigns, and managing projects through print. Managed multiple projects at a time, collaborating with clients, art directors, designers, and production team.
· Led Team that Launched Website for Regional Chain – Managed launch of a new website for a regional retail customer, Fox’s, a chain of women’s designer clothing stores in the Northeast, Florida, and Chicago. Instrumental in development and design process of site, authored all web content, and developed brand voice. Helped develop site architecture, and created the client’s Preferred Customer Program.
Birkenstock, Germany; Chantelle, Paris; Rue La La; MSI Stone; Country Curtains; Berkshire Edge; Casabella Interiors; Material Wrld; Bard College at Simon’s Rock; Blueline Design Architects; Jill Magazine, Danbury News Times; and Litchfield County Times.
Bachelor of Liberal Arts in Communications, Southern Connecticut State University